What’s a street team?
A ‘street team’ is a private group of friends and fans who help promote an author they love. In return, the author does some pretty cool things for them. It’s a fun win-win relationship for everyone involved!
Why ‘Book Babes’?
Reading is sexy. Why? Because book-lovers have this incredible passion for their books and for reading and anyone that feels so strongly about something in this crazy world still lights up from the inside. Get someone talking about something they love, something they believe in, and watch. Just watch. It’s fantastic, and it’s sexy.
What’s in it for me?
You mean you want more than just the opportunity to hang out with me? Shoot! (kidding, kidding). I’m an active member in a few street teams by my favorite authors as well, so I know how exciting it can be.
- eARCS – To thank you for your time and support I want you to have my books in your hands before anyone else. That’s why you’ll always get a free advanced reader copy before the rest of the world.
- Book Babes Welcome Packet – All new members will receive a member welcome packet and inside will be some neat things including a bracelet. Throughout your time as a Book Babes member, there will be opportunities to win charms to add to the bracelet. Think of it as your very own Book Babes Pandora, only free. And who doesn’t like free?
- Book Babes Badge – This cute blog button can go on your website or blog and identifies you as a Book Babes member. Seriously cute. Wait until you see it.
- Fame – Okay, that might be over-promising, but I will include current and active members in the acknowledgements section of my books. So you can highlight your name, frame it, and tell your friends and family your name was in print in a big way.
- Book Babes Super Fan –Top five fans every month (based off most participation points) will be in a drawing and one will be selected as the month’s Book Babes Super Fan. You win some cool stuff from myself or other authors I love and also win a spotlight on my blog.
- Sounding Board – That’s right. You are going to help me when I’m writing a book. That means I’ll need your input on character names, character traits, storyline, and more.
- Sneak Peeks – As my trusted companion in this crazy world, you’ll get to see the cover for the books first, as well as teasers, excerpts, deleted scenes, and more. Keep in mind some of these will be private and not for sharing outside of our Book Babes community. I’ll let you know if something is secret or public, no worries.
- Swag – All kinds of wonderful and cool prizes either by me or by other authors I adore. This could be signed books, bookmarks, wine charms, shirts, mugs, gift cards… really, anything I can think of. You can also tell me what you would like best and I can add it to the list.
Honestly, I’m sure there’s more. You’ll just have to join and find out for yourself.
What would I have to do?
“Have to do” seems a bit strong in my opinion. There will be things I would love for you to do, if you can, and when you have the time to. After all, this is a fun two-way street, not a demanding job. The fine print to that is that this street team is limited to a set number of members, and that means every month I will be removing inactive members so that active members can get a chance to join. I understand that life happens and we’ve all been there, so at the end of every month I’ll do a monthly cleanup task that’s worth double the participation points. If you’ve had stuff come up and couldn’t participate during the month, but you can do the cleanup task, you’ll remain as an active member. If you’re unable to participate at all during the month due to circumstances and would like to remain in the street team, please send me a private message and we’ll work it out.
So how will I know what to do? Every month there will be an assigned task, and that might be as simple as sharing a blog post or promoting an upcoming release by telling your friends on social media. It might be leaving a review or asking a friend to read and review. It could be anything, really. You’ll have to wait and see. Every assigned monthly task will have a Book Babes only giveaway so you can earn participation points and win cool prizes every month. In addition, there will be weekly tasks you can participate in if you want to earn extra participation points. What’s the big deal about participation points? Every month there will be a Book Babes Super Fan, and that means a really, really cool prize in addition to some exposure on my blog with a spotlight. Prizes will vary from my own books and swag to the books and swag by authors I know and love. That’s it.
How can I join?
That’s the easiest part. Just fill out and submit this new member form and if there is room you’ll be emailed back a greeting and the link to the super secret Facebook group. If there isn’t room, you’ll be emailed back a greeting and put onto the waiting list.
Sign up by clicking here.
I hope to see you there!